Commonly Used Templates

Disclaimer: This website is not a substitute for the advice and services of an attorney.

Certificate of Translation

Documents that are not in English must be submitted to USCIS in the original language, with an English translation and Certificate of Translation signed by the interpreter. The interpreter does not need to be a certified interpreter, however, we recommend that you do not interpret your own documents.  A friend or other person with the appropriate language ability would be appropriate, however. 



Affidavit of Bona Fide Marriage

One type of evidence you can submit of your bona fide (i.e., real not fake) marriage, is affidavits from friends, family and other members of the community.  These generally should be submitted in original and with notarization.  This template can be provided to people to return to you and use with your case. 


Scroll to Top